Some of the links on our website are affiliate. By making a purchace via our links, you help us create new content and support animal shelters and funds
Deer years to human years
Do you want to convert deer years to human years? Depending on species, the lifespan of a deer can be anywhere between 10 and 26 years. And while deer mature faster than humans, rough estimations show that 1 year of an adult deer equals 5 human years.
You can calculate deer age in human years using these estimations:
- 1-year-old deer is 12 in human years
- 3-year-old deer is 23 in human years
- 7-year-old deer is 43 in human years
- 10-year-old deer is 58 in human years
- 15-year-old deer is 83 in human years
- 20-year-old deer is 108 in human years
Deer years to human years calculator
Convert deer years to human years using our online deer age converter:
How do deers age?
Deer have 4 main life stages:
- From birth to 1 year – baby deer (fawn)
- From 1 to 2 years – teenage deer (young fawn)
- From 3 years to 7-10 years – adult deer. Females are called "doe", male deer - "buck" or "stag"
- From 7 years (depending on species) and older – deer are concidered of old and very old age
The oldest deer
The oldest deer recorded by the Guinness World Records was Bambi the red deer who lived for 31 years and 226 days (Bambi would be almost 166 in human years!)