Pig years to human years
Do you want to convert pig years to human years? The results might surprise you a bit.
While there is no straightforward answer to the question "How many human years in a pig year?", you can calculate pig age in human years using these estimations:
- the first pig year is equal to 18 human years;
- each subsequent pig year is equal to 4 human years.
Like that you can find out your pig's age, for example:
- 1-year-old pig is 18 years old in human years
- 3-year-old pig is 26 years old in human years
- 7-year-old pig is 42 years old in human years
- 12-year-old pig is 62 years old in human years
- 18-year-old pig is 86 years old in human years
Pig years to human years calculator
Convert pig years to human years using our online pig age converter:
Pig age chart
How do pigs age?
Pigs live through 6 main life stages:
- From birth to 12 months – baby pig (a piglet)
- From 1 year to 3 years – juvenile pig. Females are called "sows" and males - "boars", "swines" or "hogs"
- From 3 years to 8 years – young adulthood
- From 8 years to 12 years – mature adulthood
- From 13 years to 15 years – senior pigs
- From 16 years and older pigs are considered elderly
If you're curious, read more about pig's life span and life cycle in our article
The oldest pig
The oldest pig recorded by the Guinness World Records was Baby Jane, who died at the age of 23 years and 7 months (which equals 112 human years!)