Some of the links on our website are affiliate. By making a purchace via our links, you help us create new content and support animal shelters and funds
Sheep years to human years
Do you want to convert sheep years to human years? Domesticated sheep usually live up to 12 years. With proper care, their live expectancy can reach 15 years or even more.
If you want to calculate the human age equivalent for sheep older than 1 year, try the following formula: (sheep age * 4) + 14.
Now you can calculate sheep age in human years using these estimations, for example:
- 1-year-old sheep is 18 in human years
- 3-year-old sheep is 26 in human years
- 7-year-old sheep is 42 in human years
- 10-year-old sheep is 54 in human years
- 15-year-old sheep is 74 in human years
- 18-year-old sheep is 86 in human years
Sheep years to human years calculator
Convert sheep years to human years using our online sheep age converter:
How do sheep age?
Sheep have 5 main life stages:
- From birth to 6 months – baby sheep (lambs);
- From 6 months to 1 year – baby sheep (weaners)
- From 1 to 2 years – teenage sheep (hogget)
- From 2 years to 7 years – adult sheep. Females are called "ewe", male sheep - ram (kept for wool and breeding) or wether (castrated)
- From 7 years and older – sheep are concidered of old and very old age
The oldest sheep
The oldest sheep recorded by the Guinness World Records was almost 29 years old when she died (which is almost 130 in human years!)