Rabbit years to human years
Do you want to convert rabbit years to human years? That’s a good thing to do if you want to understand your bunny better. After all, as for any living creature rabbit’s age affects its behavior and health.
Baby bunnies mature quickly, and a 1-year-old rabbit is already 21 years old in human years. After the first year, each rabbit year is equal to 6 human years.
To help you find your bunny's age in human years, we’ve created a simple rabbit age calculator as well as a chart that you can save for future references.
Rabbit years to human years calculator
To learn the rabbit age in human years, convert bunny years to human years using our online rabbit age converter:
Rabbit’s average life expectancy is 10 years (similar to chinchillas, although domesticated chins live for up to 20 years quite often). Of course, it heavily depends on the living conditions, quality of food, care, genetics, and other factors.
While there is no straightforward answer to the question "How many human years in a bunny year?", if you know your rabbit's age, you can calculate his human years equivalent using these estimations:
- each of the first two rabbit weeks equal 1 human year;
- the 3rd and 4th rabbit weeks equal 2 human years each;
- from 1 to 6 rabbit months, each rabbit month is 2 years in human years;
- a 1 year-old rabbit is 21 years old in human years;
- after the first year, every rabbit year is equal to 6 human years.
Like that, you can find out your bunny's age, for example:
|Rabbit age||Human age|
|1 year||21 years|
|2 years||27 years|
|3 years||33 years|
|5 years||45 years|
|8 years||63 years|
If you are a rabbit owner, we highly suggest you learn about how long rabbits live as pets and what affects their life expectancy.
How do rabbits age?
Rabbits live through 7 main life stages:
- From birth to 3 months – baby life stage, when a rabbit is called a "kit"
- From 4 months to 5 months – adolescence
- From 6 months to 1 or 2 years – teenage stage
- From 1 year to 3 years – young adult
- From 4 years to 6 years – middle age
- From 7 years to 9 years – late middle age
- From 10 years and older – rabbits are considered of old age
Young rabbits are active, friendly, and curious creatures. They become sexually mature from 3 to 6 months of age, but are considered adult rabbits only after turning 1 year old. If you're curious, read more about a rabbit's life cycle.
Old rabbits require special attention and care. Pay attention to their living conditions and food, and visit the veterinarian regularly to make sure your furry pet lives as long and happy as possible.
The oldest rabbit recorded by the Guinness World Records was Flopsy the rabbit, who died after living in captivity for 18 years and almost 11 months. And as it's unknown how old Flopsy was when he was caught, he could be over 130 years in human age!