Guinea Pig years to human years
Do you want to convert guinea pig years to human years? There is no straightforward mathematical formula to calculate guinea pig age in human years.
Nevertheless, connecting some dots on the guinea pig and human lifelines has helped make some estimations:
- 1-month-old guinea pig is 4 years old in human years
- 6-month-old guinea pig is 26 years old in human years
- 1-year-old guinea pig is 50 years old in human years
- 5-year-old guinea pig is 90 years old in human years
It may seem that guinea pigs age too fast in human years, but that's beause they have a short lifespan.
Guinea pig years to human years calculator
Convert guinea pig years to human years using our online guinea pig age converter:
Guinea pig age chart
How do guinea pigs age?
Guinea pigs live through 3 main life stages:
- From birth to 6 months - young guinea pig
- From 6 months to 5 years - adult guinea pig
- From 5 years and older - senior guinea pig
If you're curious, learn more about guinea pig's life cycle from our article.
The oldest guinea pig
The oldest guinea pig recognized by Guinness World Records was Snowball, who died at the age of 14 years and 10 months (which equals over 316 human years!)