Some of the links on our website are affiliate. If you decide to make a purchase, we’ll get a small commission at no cost to you
Mouse years to human years
Do you want to convert mouse years to human years? To make accurate calculations you must take the mouse's life stage into consideration.
It's important to know that mice age differently than humans. They mature up to 150 times faster during the first month of their life and 45 times faster at the age of 1 to 6 months. And after turning 6 months old, mice age 25 times faster.
Knowing this, you can find out mouse's age in human years, for example:
- 1 week old mouse is 2 months old in human years
- 3 weeks old mouse is already 3 years in human years
- 6 months old mouse is 30 years old in human years
- 3 years old mouse is 94 years old in human years
Mouse years to human years calculator
Convert mouse years to human years using our online mouse age converter
How do mice age?
Mice live through 5 main life stages:
- From birth to 1 month – baby mice. As many rodents, mice pups are born blind and deaf, but open their eyes and ears by the age of 2-3 weeks.
- From 1 month to 3 months – teenage mice. At this stage mice start showing interest in the opposite sex and some species attempt to mate as early as 30-35 days of age.
- From 6 months to 1.5 years – adult mice;
- From 1.5 to 2 years – old mice;
- From 2 years and older – very old mice.
Officially the world's oldest mouse was a laboratory mouse Yoda, who died in 2004 at the age of 4 years and 1 week (or approximately 119.5 years in human years!)