Some of the links on our website are affiliate. By making a purchace via our links, you help us create new content and support animal shelters and funds
Greyhound age in human years
Greyhound is an intelligent large-sized dog breed. They need less exercise than most dogs, are generally good with young children and affectionate with their owners..
Greyhounds live from 10 to 13 years. Their average lifespan is 11.5 years (it's similar to how long dogs live on average). They are prone to certain health issues, some of which can be lethal, like enlargement of the stomach. It is important to have regular checkups with a veterinarian, follow a proper diet and exercise regimen.
If you have a Greyhound, you might wonder how old your dog is in human years. To answer this question, first, you need to know your Greyhound's dog age. Then convert dog age to human using the estimations to calculate large-sized dog age in human years:
- the first Greyhound's year equals 15 human years;
- the second year adds 9 more years to the human age;
- years 3 through 5 add 4 more years each;
- at the age of 6 a Greyhound becomes 45 in human years;
- each subsequent year equals 5-6 years in human equivalent.
Here’s a table you can use to find a Greyhound’s age in human years:
|Greyhound age||Human age|
|1 year||15 years|
|2 years||24 years|
|3 years||28 years|
|4 years||32 years|
|5 years||36 years|
|6 years||45 years|
|7 years||50 years|
|8 years||55 years|
|9 years||61 years|
|10 years||66 years|
|11 years||72 years|
|12 years||77 years|
|13 years||83 years|
|14 years||88 years|
|15 years||94 years|
|16 years||99 years|
|17 years||105 years|
|18 years||110 years|
|19 years||116 years|
|20 years||121 years|
Some interesting facts:
- Greyhounds are regarded as adults after they reach physical maturity, which happens between 18 and 24 months of age.
- Greyhounds may have different personalities and energy levels.
- A Greyhound is typically regarded as a senior dog at the age between 7 and 8 years old.