Some of the links on our website are affiliate. By making a purchace via our links, you help us create new content and support animal shelters and funds
Bichon Frise age in human years
Bichon Frise is a small-sized dog breed, renowned for its affectionate and loving attitude towards their owners, playful and energetic character. Bichon Frises are good with children and other pets, hypoallergenic, intelligent and trainable.
With a lifespan that ranges from 14 to 15 years, the Bichon Frise lives for about 14.5 years on average. It's longer than the average life expectancy of dogs. They are considered to be a generally healthy breed, thus have a better chance of living longer. All that Bichon Frises need is proper care and regular veterinary check-ups. A healthy diet, regular exercise, and proper grooming can also contribute to a longer lifespan.
As a Bichon Frise owner, you may be curious about how old your dog is in human years. To know that, you can use the estimates for small-sized breeds and apply to your dog's age:
- the first Bichon Frise's year equals 15 human years;
- the second year adds 9 more years to the human age;
- each subsequent year equals 4 years in human years.
Here’s a table you can use to find a Bichon Frise age equivalent in human years:
|Bichon Frise age||Human age|
|1 year||15 years|
|2 years||24 years|
|3 years||28 years|
|4 years||32 years|
|5 years||36 years|
|6 years||40 years|
|7 years||44 years|
|8 years||48 years|
|9 years||52 years|
|10 years||56 years|
|11 years||60 years|
|12 years||64 years|
|13 years||68 years|
|14 years||72 years|
|15 years||76 years|
|16 years||80 years|
|17 years||84 years|
|18 years||88 years|
|19 years||92 years|
|20 years||96 years|
Some interesting facts:
- At about one year of age, a Bichon Frise is commonly regarded as an adult.
- Although it can vary from dog to dog, some Bichon Frises may maintain a lively and puppy-like attitude for a longer amount of time.
- A senior Bichon Frise is one who has reached the age of 8–10 years old.