Some of the links on our website are affiliate. If you decide to make a purchase, we’ll get a small commission at no cost to you
Pug age in human years
Pug is a small-sized dog breed, renowned for its charming looks and playful and loyal character. They love to please their owners and are a great companion for anyone.
As a Pug owner, you may be curious about your small dog's human age. To know that, you can use these estimates and apply them to your Pug's age:
- a 1-year-old Pug is 15 years in human years;
- a 2-year-old Pug is 24 years in human age;
- each subsequent year equals 4 years in human years.
Here’s a table you can use to find a Pug age equivalent in human years:
|Pug age||Human age|
|1 year||15 years|
|2 years||24 years|
|3 years||28 years|
|4 years||32 years|
|5 years||36 years|
|6 years||40 years|
|7 years||44 years|
|8 years||48 years|
|9 years||52 years|
|10 years||56 years|
|11 years||60 years|
|12 years||64 years|
|13 years||68 years|
|14 years||72 years|
|15 years||76 years|
|16 years||80 years|
|17 years||84 years|
|18 years||88 years|
|19 years||92 years|
|20 years||96 years|
With a lifespan that ranges from 13 to 15 years (68 to 76 years in human years), the average Pug lives for about 14 years. This is longer than the average dog life expectancy.
Pugs are prone to many health issues, mainly due to their face structure. Most frequent are respiratory distress and dental deseases. Although most health issues are not lethal, it's important to provide proper care and see a veterinarian on a regular basis.
Some interesting facts:
- Pugs typically reach their adult size by the age of 9 months.
- At about one year of age, a Pug is regarded as an adult.
- Pugs maintain a lively and puppy-like attitude up until 2 years old. Some even twice longer than that.
- A senior Pug is one who has reached the age of 9 years old.