Some of the links on our website are affiliate. By making a purchace via our links, you help us create new content and support animal shelters and funds
Pomeranian age in human years
Pomeranian is a small-sized dog breed adored for lively, playful, and affectionate character. Pomeranians are great companions, good with children, but can have a separation anxiety if left alone.
Pomeranians live from 12 to 16 years. Their average lifespan is 14 years (it's longer compared to how long dogs live on average). They are generally a healthy breed.
Pomeranians have a better chance of living till an older age provided regular veterinary check-ups and care. This can help detect and treat health issues early on, and ensure that your Pomeranian lives a long and healthy life.
If you have a Pomeranian, you might wonder how old your dog is in human years. To answer this question, first, you need to know your Pomeranian's dog age. Then convert dog age to human using these estimations:
- a 1-year-old Pomeranian is 15 in human years;
- a 2-year-old Pomeranian is 24 in human age;
- each subsequent year equals 4 years in human years.
Here’s a table you can use to find a Pomeranian age equivalent in human years:
|Pomeranian age||Human age|
|1 year||15 years|
|2 years||24 years|
|3 years||28 years|
|4 years||32 years|
|5 years||36 years|
|6 years||40 years|
|7 years||44 years|
|8 years||48 years|
|9 years||52 years|
|10 years||56 years|
|11 years||60 years|
|12 years||64 years|
|13 years||68 years|
|14 years||72 years|
|15 years||76 years|
|16 years||80 years|
|17 years||84 years|
|18 years||88 years|
|19 years||92 years|
|20 years||96 years|
Some interesting facts:
- Given their reputation as lively, cheerful, and energetic dogs, Pomeranians are noted for maintaining a fun, puppy-like demeanour far into adulthood;
- At roughly 1 to 1.5 years old, they are regarded as adults who have reached complete development;
- Female Pomeranians get their first periods at the age of 6 months old, but the best time to breed is after they become adults;
- The age at which a Pomeranian is regarded as a senior might vary, but typically ranges between 8 and 10 years.